Friday, March 20, 2009

I am My Own Wave of Mutilation

I spent some time on the tractor today, getting the feel for the equipment that I will need to used to gather up some manure (aka cow pie, cow s$%t, s$%t, etc...).

While not a city slicker, I do not use tractors that often and need time to get proficient with equipment I have not used before.

While in the process of dodging trees, ditches, fences, building, other farm implements and cows themselves, one song chorus rang through my head.

"Wave of Mutilation" sang true as I plowed (figuratively, I wasn't actually plowing... yet) through the lightly wooded back pasture trying to scrape up dung.

FYI: No cows were harmed during the production of this post.



Cease to resist, giving my goodbye
Drive my car into the ocean
Youll think Im dead, but I sail away

On a wave of mutilation

A wave

Wave


Ive kissed mermaids, rode the el nino

Walked the sand with the crustaceans

Could find my way to mariana

On a wave of mutilation,

Wave of mutilation

Wave of mutilation

Wave


Wave of mutilation

Wave


Song: Wave Of Mutilation
Artist: Pixies
Album: Doolittle
Year: 1989

No comments: